Heading to Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event? We know where to stay, what to see and where to shop.
What to wear
- Pack smart! The weather can be unpredictable so layers of clothes that you can add or remove are a must. Start layering with any of the colorful Noble Outfitters tank tops.
- Equestrian inspired accessories add a touch of elegance to any outfit.
- Don’t let the rain surprise you – pack a lightweight jacket, such as the Noble Outfitters™ Essential Jacket. This jacket even has a packable hood that hides in the collar when you don’t need it.
- Since Rolex is known for it’s wet weather, waterproof shoes are a must. Noble Outfitters™ MUDS Stay Cool Boots will keep you comfortable and dry!
- For warm and dry weather, make sure to keep your feet happy in comfortable walking shoes.
- Finally, the must-have accessories are sunglasses, a nice hat, and of course sunscreen.
Where to stay
- Hotels, especially those closest to the Kentucky Horse Park, sell out quickly! Broaden your search and look beyond Lexington; anything in the Georgetown area is great.
- If you travel with a group of fun friends, consider Lexington Relocation apartments. They’re fantastic if you want more space and don’t mind to cook for yourself, plus their rates are quite reasonable, especially if can split it between several people.
- Hampton Inn Lexington/Georgetown has been a favorite among the Rolex crowd for years.
What to see
- Tour the Three Chimneys Farm, (859) 963-1004, Tuesday through Saturday. Tours begin promptly at 1 p.m.
- Visit the 1997 Kentucky Derby winner Silver Charm at Old Friends, Thoroughbred Retirement Farm, daily at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. & 3 p.m., March 15th through November 3rd. Reservations are required. To book a tour online, click here.
- International Museum of the Horse, conveniently located at the Kentucky Horse Park, has the largest collection of equestrian-related memorabilia in the world.
- Don’t forget to visit Trade Fair and Sponsor Village, and see the latest trends in equestrian apparel, accessories and more. Looking for a deal? Check out dealers carrying Noble Outfitters products and what specials are waiting for you at their locations.
- Visit the Horseloverz booth on Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30, and get an autograph from one of the 2016 Rolex competitors such as Lisa Barry or Katie Ruppel.
- Shop till you drop! Most of the vendors at Rolex have shipping services – simply ask and they will send your purchases home for you.
- Forget about a purse, the Kentucky Horse Park is a big place! You’ll need a backpack to carry all your belongings.
- Make sure you always have a bottle of water and keep drinking it throughout the day; a combination of humid weather & hot sun can quickly cause dehydration.
- Get the app! The RK3DE mobile app is available on Google Play and in the iTunes Store. The app gives you access to rider specifics and scores; the daily schedule; a map of the event grounds; details on the Sponsor Village, Trade Fair, and Kentucky Uncovered shopping opportunities and more.
- Keep an eye out for our Street Team at Kentucky Horse Park from Thursday to Sunday and win! The street team will be doing sign-ups for an exclusive Noble Outfitters Rolex Kentucky raffle. They will be dressed in our Signature Breech and bright pink Ashley Performance Shirt – you can’t miss them!
See our 2015 Rolex Event Guide HERE.