This great DIY costume is perfect for in-hand or under saddle costume classes around Halloween. It is easy to pull together and you can usually find supplies online, at a thrift shop or Halloween store! Use your imagination and embellish it to make this costume more personalized to you and your horse. Enjoy!
- Grass Skirt attached to the saddle or surcingle, over the rump (do not tie it around the belly/flank!)
Available at costumesupercenter.com, $4.99
- Coconuts around the neck or attached to a breast plate
Available at costumesupercenter.com, $3.99
- Lei of flowers around the neck or added to the halter or bridle
Available at costumesupercenter.com, $0.59
- For The Rider: Hula costume with the grass skirt easily worn over breeches or jeans for cooler climates and the coconut shells over a white tee shirt.
Available at amazon.com, $19.99
- For The Rider: Helmet decorated appropriately with flowers or with a themed helmet cover
Available at doversaddlery.com, $18.99
- Optional: body bling in the shape of hibiscus flower, palm tree, or other tropical image.
Available at tail-tamer.com, $9.99
- Optional: Add 11” Jumbo sunglasses for a really fun look!
Available at amazon.com, $3.99
- Optional: Twinkle Glitter Horse Gel for the mane, tail, or hooves.
Available at doversaddlery.com, $14.99