The excitement is building and the countdown has started for this year’s Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event! We have gathered helpful and handy tips from Rolex enthusiasts and Lexington locals about what to pack, where to eat and so much more.
What To Wear
- Layers! The weather can be unpredictable so be sure to pack a little something for all possible occasions!
- Rolex is known for it’s wet weather and the Noble Outfitters™ Essential Jacket is ideal for those bursts of rain showers.
- For warm weather, the Noble Outfitters™ Lil’ Lovers Tank is a trendy top that will stand out in the crowd
- Comfortable Walking Shoes! It’s walking or trolleys only to get around the park so be sure to keep your feet happy.
- Must have accessories: scarf, sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen.
- A simple, fold-able, easy-to-carry chair or blanket to watch the cross country out on the grass.
- Don’t forget your tickets! By them online at www.rk3de.org
- On cross country day, you will want your Noble Outfitters™ MUDS Stay Cool Boots to keep you comfortable and dry!
Where To Stay
- Only 4 miles from the park, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North (859) 977-5870 | (800) 228-2800 is close to the action and affordable.
- To experience true southern hospitality, try a beautiful B&B like Essence of the Bluegrass (859) 255-0067 With names like the Keeneland Suite and the Equestrian Room, you can’t go wrong here. Plus, it’s only 5 minutes from the park! .
- Hotels sell out quickly! If you’re just planning your trip, skip Lexington and look for accommodations in Georgetown. It’s just as close but there tends to be more availability and better rates!
- At the Covered Arena, experience all the vendors have to offer including fabulous deals on great products.
- Visit Claire at the Clever With Leather booth for custom made belts, bracelets, dog collars, and more!
- Booths often hold meet n greets with all your favorite eventing stars. Watch for posted signs about dates and times as you shop to get autographs!
- Noble Outfitters will be at the following booths: VTO, Cowboys & Angels, and Horselovers
Where To Eat
- Farmhouse Café (859) 251-7685 located in the original farmhouse, central to all the activities, the menu features light fare and the with a unique touch. Open from 8am to 3pm, it’s also has free Wi-Fi for sharing all your photos on Facebook.
- Dudley’s Restaurant (859) 252-1010 is a local favorite since 1981 and covered in horse pictures. Authentic food and you can order a traditional Mint Julep!
- Shakespeare & Co (859) 367–0413 has a Mediterranean flare but a huge menu – really good specialty drinks too. It is owned by the Sheikh of Dubai and it is the only location in the US be sure not to miss.
- For cheap but a lot of traditional southern food go to Ramsey’s (859) 219-1626 – the closest one is on Harrodsburg road – Its a lot of food and super casual – but be careful it gets packed. It’s kind of out there so if you plan a visit to Keeneland or Woodford Reserve be sure to stop by http://ramseysdiners.com
- Last is the Grey Goose (859) 233-1500 for pizza and yummy finger food for grown-ups (broccoli and cheese balls or mini corn dogs) It has barn decor and very relaxed set in the newer section of Lexington, on Jefferson street, a stop you don’t want to miss! http://greygooserestaurants.com/locations/lexington-location/
- Stella’s Diner (859) 255-3354 a great Sandwich/brunch spot. In a historic home and everything they make there is local to Kentucky; This is a foodie friendly place. http://www.stellaskentuckydeli.com
What To See in Lexington
- Visit Keeneland Race Track to experience the thrill of horse racing. Many Rolex champions got their start on racetracks all over the country! Several races are scheduled for the weekend of Rolex. Make the most of your visit and don’t miss this historic landmark.
- Lexington Blue Grass Driving Tours, wind your way through horse country and see the sights! Lush green pastures, mile after mile of gorgeous fencing, horses grazing, magnificent homes and spectacular barns: all this and more is there for your viewing pleasure! This tour is great for the kids Disney filmed the movie Dreamer in Lexington!
- Fun for guys and gals alike, take a tour of some of Kentucky’s finest distilleries. There are great Bourbon Trail Tours close to KHP. A local favorite is Woodford Reserve both traditional and beautiful.
Also At The Kentucky Horse Park
- International Museum of the Horse holds the largest collection of equestrian-related memorabilia in the world.
- Catch the 1:15pm presentation at the Hall of Champions to meet Funny Cide and Cigar! Visit kyhorsepark.com to find out more.
- Be sure to stop by and watch the excitement of the Kentucky Reining Cup on 4/23 – 4/26 in the Alltech Arena
- The best restrooms are located in the trade fair area at the Covered Arena
- If you are eating in the ambiance of the food court, you definitely don’t want to miss out on the bourbon chicken!
- Every Thursday in downtown Lexington, they feature “Central Bank Thursday Night Live”
- The best spot to see the cross country is at the Land Rover Tail Gate Party, anywhere you can get high enough to see several jumps and you can wave hi to Mom if you take a seat at the water jump by the entrance (this is where NBC Sports sets up their cameras).
- Visit Lex is the best website to pick tours and find out what’s going on.
We hope you enjoy this year’s exciting event! Don’t forget to stop by our Noble Outfitters’ vendors at the Tradefair in the Covered Arena.