It’s that time of year for apple cider, sweaters, fall colors… and planning your costume for yourself and your horse! A costume for your horse? Why, of course! With a little bit of design creativity, you can make your horse a Halloween costume like no other. Our favorite mini horse Patrick and his owner Sarah are famous for their elaborate historical costumes, matching superhero attire or simple homage to a legendary horse from the past century. Enjoy these classic horse and rider themed costumes and don’t forget to share them with your friends!
1. Darla and Nemo – Darla was not exactly the most lovable character in Finding Nemo, but definitely one of the most memorable ones. Copy her style with two pig tails, a purple sweater, skirt and some white socks. Your horse will quickly transform into Nemo with the help of adult-sized fish costume.
2. A queen and the best destrier in her kingdom – after finding the perfect dress for you, it’s time to get to work on his costume! An ornate blanket, fleur-de-lis shield and some home-made horse armor will do the trick.
3. A pair of Superheroes – show off your superpowers in matching Superhero costumes! A blue Sleazy Sleepwear Hood with a home-made red cape and attached Superman shield will look great on your four-hoofed friend.
4. Snow White and her favorite dwarf – mirror mirror on the wall, what’s the easiest costume of them all? Simply attach a fake beard to the bottom portion of the halter, wrap a red blanket around his body and finish off your horse’s costume with a brown hat.
5. Mini Secretariat – pay a tribute to a great horse with a great costume! A white and blue checkered fly mask or blinker hood is the only thing you need.
6. A bride and a groom – finally, if your horse is on the smaller side, he can comfortably fit into the role of a groom, while you walk him around looking stunning in your wedding dress.
Which one is your favorite costume? Are you going to dress up your horse this year? Let us know in comments below!