James “JP” Pitassi started riding when he was in kindergarten and he is now a PRCA Team Roper. He rides two Quarter Horse geldings that he uses for heeling. One is named “Rattlesnake” who is 11 years old and the other is named “Diesel” and he is 6 years old. JP has won several World Series team-roping jackpots this year with his horses. His biggest accomplishment is being ranked with a #8 USTRC classification. That means that he is a competitive jackpot heeler with skills suited for the amateur ranks of rodeo. Not too bad when you consider the ranking is an 8 out of 9!
- Noble Outfitters® Retro Ropers™ Bag – I like the dividers and the fact that it’s not too bulky. You can fit a good amount of ropes in the bag and the Grab ‘n Go pocket on the front is unrivaled! Available at Nobleoutfitters.com, $109.99
- Noble Outfitters® Bud’s Hoof Pick – It’s always good to keep a hoof pick on hand. Available at Nobleoutfitters.com, $14.99
- Callaway Green Bullet, Heel Ropes – I usually carry 5 or 6 to the jackpots. I like that their ropes are always consistent and I can use them all year round. In hot or cold weather, they feel the same. Available at Callawayropes.com, $40.00
- Baby Powder – I use it in the summer time on my ropes to keep them cooler. Available at Walgreens.com, $3.99
- Noble Outfitters® Rapid Rope™ Glove – This glove is bad ass! There is something really different about this glove than the rest of the gloves on the market. Available at Nobleoutfitters.com, $22.99
- RopeSmart Pro Dally Wraps, Blue Viper – This wrap is a one shot deal that is easier to put on and lasts longer than the traditional rubber wraps. It also stops the ropes faster. Available at Ropesmart.com, $39.99
- Noble Outfitters® FlexGrip™ Roping Gloves – This glove has a nice tight fit. It is a lot faster and lasts a lot longer than the other cotton gloves on the market I have used! Available at Nobleoutfitters.com, $19.99